Hi dear readers,
I’m here to talk a bit about UAE, and by UAE I mean the whole Emirates not only Dubai as most of people think J
Whether you are a visitor or a resident I’m sure you are amazed with the luxurious beauty of Emirates. But, if you want to know more about Emiratis and their cultures and traditions you have to dig deeper than what you think. Because when you do so, you will be thrilled!
Here you are! 10 amazing facts about UAE:
- When it comes to generosity, they master it. So the next time you are served with Arabian coffee, make sure to shake the cup when you finish, otherwise they will keep refilling it.
- Falconry – which is hunting with falcons – is one of the most practiced hobbies. Yea, falcons are their pets so watch out!
- Balaleat, Harees, Thareed, Liqeemat, khabees and Baryani are food! And trust me I have tried them all, they are incredibly delicious with their blend of spices which give them unique flavor and pleasant aroma.
- Don’t be surprised if you saw men touching each other’s nose, this is how they say hi and it is also an act of showing respect.
- If you were invited for an Emirati wedding, don’t be surprised if you were separated from your spouse. It is a tradition here to separate men from women, but believe me you will enjoy it.
- During the wedding you will be overwhelmed with different perfumes and Bokhour which will make you feel like royals.
- In UAE – and same as most of Arab countries – family comes first. So that, it is common here to find one big family of parents, sons and grandsons living together in one big house.
- Henna is everywhere! Henna is one of the oldest and most common beauty traditions in UAE. Ladies you should try it!
- Islamic occasions have special features in UAE. You can find houses decorated with lights, neighbors sharing food with each other, family gatherings and other practices full of warmth and spirituality.
- And one last thing you should know if you are new here, that you are welcomed everywhere. Seriously Emirati people are one of the most generous, welcoming and respectful people in the world. They are Arab you know!
Cheers, and enjoy your stay…